Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2014

No more apologies



I did a big thing this morning.

I wore an outfit that I usually would never wear. It hugged a little to much to my tummy.

I looked in the mirror and felt that all too familiar dance of nerves in my stomach, that negative voice "your too big, your too fat,  look how it hugs all that extra fluff"

I replied to that negative nancy voice with a big FUCK YOU.

I felt cute, I felt comfy and ready to go grocery shopping.

I won't apologize for my body anymore. I have nothing to apologize for. I will not continue to justify remarks regarding my size with my full medical record of clean health minus chronic stomach issues and muscle pain.

There is nothing to apologize for, my body is beautiful, my body is strong, my hips move and shake, my arms give amazing hugs to whoever needs. My tummy jiggles when I laugh deep and loud.

I love every part of my body, I want to set an example to my younger sister, I don't want her to hate what she sees in the mirror for years and years. To make excuses to not go swimming with friends because my bathing suit seemed like a monster I was forced to fight.

I want her to always love her body, love what she sees in the mirror, to not avoid doing things because she has been made to feel ashamed of her body.

All bodies are beautiful, all bodies are amazing and are of value.

I won't apologize for my body anymore, I will love it, I will cherish it, I will praise it.

I hope you do the same



No comments:

Post a Comment